Military Discounts Local Info & Discounts Air Force Army Coast Guard Marine Corps Navy Moving Tools Military Education Center Military Travel Center Find Military Answers

 Installation Search

When a service member marries (active duty, retired, etc), his or her spouse becomes eligible for military benefits including TRICARE. However, there are certain steps that a sponsor must take to ensure that his or her new spouse is eligible for TRICARE. First, the sponsor must register the new spouse in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) by visiting a military identification (ID) card office. The sponsor will need to provide a copy of the marriage certificate.

Find out more about TRICARE benefits when you get married at

 Related Articles:


Popular News
The Reading Room, full of relevant news related to the military family



Proud Sponsors

My Account

Social Media
* Share This Article  
* The appearance of hyperlinks to other sites does not constitute endorsement by of that site or the information, products or services contained therein.

Military Tools