Military Discounts Local Info & Discounts Air Force Army Coast Guard Marine Corps Navy Moving Tools Military Education Center Military Travel Center Find Military Answers

 Installation Search

Housing: Overseas Housing Allowance

Military members on official accompanied overseas tours either are provided housing or receive the Overseas Housing Allowance. Eligibility for OHA does not require that family members join the service member overseas.

Related Articles: Special: PCS Central
Members on unaccompanied overseas tours also receive OHA if government housing is not available. The families of service members on unaccompanied overseas assignments who remain in the U.S. get the appropriate BAH for their local area.

Members assigned to overseas duty must fill out DD Form 2367, “Individual Overseas Housing Allowance Report,” to receive OHA. Check with local housing offices for specific procedures.

OHA compensates members for most housing expenses, including utilities, maintenance and move-in expenses. Rental ceilings are computed so 80 percent of members with dependents in a given location have their rental costs fully reimbursed by OHA.

Unaccompanied members and members without dependents are entitled to 90 percent of the rate for members with dependents.


More Great content:

Find Military Discounts in your community

You have Questions? We have MilitaryAvenue Answers!

Our Letters to You,'s Military Family Blog

Subscribe to MilitaryAvenue Alerts, monthly military-discounts & incentives right to your email box: Manage Subscriptions

The Reading Room, full of relevant news related to the military family

Moving Tools, Our Moving and Relocation Tools for Military Families



Proud Sponsors

My Account

Social Media
* Share This Article  
* The appearance of hyperlinks to other sites does not constitute endorsement by of that site or the information, products or services contained therein.

Military Tools